Ronald McDonald House, Providence RI: Day Use
Close enough to go home at night but longing for the comforts of home during the day?
Often times families reside close enough to the hospital to stay with a loved one during the day and return home in the evening. As part of our family-centered care, the Ronald McDonald House of Providence offers the Day Use Program, a free service. This program allows families to visit the House from 9 AM – 9 PM and enjoy the comforts of home only steps away from your child.
- Free coffee, healthy lunches, drinks & snacks
- Home cooked meal every night
- 2 private showers
- 2 private nap rooms
- Fitness room
- Laundry facilities: washers, dryers & detergent
- Enclosed courtyard & welcoming play area
- Support from other families going through similar situations & dedicated volunteers
- 24 hour shuttle service from House to hospitals
Our Day Use Program helps reduce costs associated with a hospitalization, provides a sense of normalcy and comfort, and connects you with other families.
If you would like more information, please contact a member of your child’s medical team.